This is a ten-day outdoor, adventure-based summer camp encompassing hiking along the Appalachian Trail, leaping off rocks into crystal clear water, kayaking, reaching a granite-covered mountaintop, and exploring a ropes course.
There is an additional charge of $100 for this activity.
- Instructors: Jay Mumford & Stephen Stuntz
- All campers set then exceed their own personal goals during these fun-filled weeks as they share hikes, kayaks, stories, thrills, and support.
- Participants work together in a dynamic of encouragement and trust to push each other to new heights of personal accomplishment.
- Through exploration of the varied hidden treasures found in our region, campers will learn that summer offers a multitude of wonderful outdoor recreational activities.
- The aim of this camp is to provide participants with a range of experiences fostering independence and success as they face diverse personal challenges encountered outdoors.
Important: Enrollment Lottery
- Enrollment in Two Weeks in the Woods will be based on a lottery.
- On March 20, we will close enrollment and randomly select participants.
- The purpose of the lottery is to give a range of students the opportunity to participate in this activity.
- In addition, if a student participated in Two Weeks in the Woods during previous Summer SOAK programs, they would NOT be eligible for the course.