5, 6, 7, 8, Summer Jam Band
Join the Jam Band! This exciting band is available to all regular school band students entering grades 5,6,7, and 8. The Jam Band will play custom musical arrangements of big hits, which in past years of SOAK have included songs by: Panic at the Disco, Post Malone, Imagine Dragons, Justin Bieber, One Republic, Linkin Park, Maroon Five and more...Extended jamming each day will lead to building up individual music skills, with sure success for all ability levels, offering supporting roles to developing musicians, as well as feature/mentorship roles for those more advanced.
- Instructor: Jody Henderson
- This class is for students entering grades 5, 6, 7, & 8, already playing flute, clarinet, saxophone, trumpet, trombone, baritone, or percussion in regular school band. Students playing other instruments may be considered.
- An extended rehearsal each day over two weeks will offer a great opportunity for building individual skills, while playing some fun new music together as a band.
- Success will be certain for all ability levels.
- The customized musical arrangements for this band will offer supporting roles for developing musicians, as well as feature/mentorship roles for those more advanced.