I’d Rather Be Fishing: Vermont’s Aquatic Ecosystems Through Fishing
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Participants will be introduced to the basics of fly fishing through a series of fun and engaging outdoor activities.
- Instructor: Luis Bango
- Participants will learn from some of Woodstock’s most accomplished fly anglers and conservationists.
- Fly fishing skills covered will include casting, knot craft, fly selection and tying, reading the water, and safe wading.
- Students will learn about fish biology, fish habitat and stream ecology as well as aquatic entomology.
- We’ll explore some of the issues around fishing etiquette and ethics, as well as the conservation issues.
- In addition, participants will have the opportunity to participate in a local conservation project.
- Participants will have ample opportunity to test their newly acquired skills while fishing the Ottaquechee River and nearby ponds, hopefully catching lots of fish!